Thursday, October 31, 2013

Have you ever "Paid it Forward"?

After the movie Pay it Forward was released in 2000, people amazingly, went crazy performing random acts of kindness! That made my heart very happy! Sadly, I never committed to performing them myself but I've always wanted to! So, I've decided to perform one RAK (Random Act of Kindness) per day that I'm on the Daniel Fast.

As Jesus said in Luke 6:31 "Treat others as you want to be treated."

God wants us to have a giving spirit, not to glorify ourselves, but to
make others feels taken care of. This speaks to me. If you've ever read the book "The 5 Love Languages," (which you can purchase HERE)  I would categorize my way of "showing Love" as a gift-giver. I feel awkward receiving gifts, but I've always loved giving them!

So for my first RAK, I decided to pay for the coffee of the person behind me in the drive through at Heine Bros. Coffee today. My Daniel Fast doesn't start until tomorrow, but since caffeine isn't allowed on the fast- this one wouldn't have been as applicable so I decided to kick it off today.

I wrote a little note for the barista to give the person behind me when they pulled to try to pay, so that hopefully they will Pay It Forward! I added a little "Thank you for shopping locally" note at the bottom also- because I LOVE that Heine Bros Coffee is a local, organic AND fair trade coffee shop. It makes "The Hippie" inside me dance with joy!


The delicious Cafe Miele (honey and cinnamon latte) with soy that I had this afternoon will be my last coffee for 21 days...the image to the left describes my feelings on that matter.... Stay tuned for more Daniel Fast updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment