Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Tasty Tidbit Tuesday: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

I've been feeling drained the last few weeks and the cold weather is making we crave warm, comforting foods. Last week I came upon a recipe for a Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup from one of my favorite bloggers, Peanut Butter Runner and decided to give it a try since I had some fresh chicken stock already in the freezer! I like her idea of cooking the whole chicken that she uses in the stock that she uses in the soup- so I may try that next time.

For my recipe- I used my Chicken Stock in a Crockpot recipe from last week and I purchased a rotisserie chicken from Earthfare for the meat. (Of course I kept my chicken bones to make more broth again soon!) 

Ingredients: 
2 tablespoons butter
4 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 onion, diced
2 tablespoons turmeric
2 tablespoons flour
4 quarts stock
Shredded chicken from one whole cooked chicken
3 cups egg noodles
4 sprigs parsley
Salt to taste (lots)
Pepper to taste

Directions: 
  1. Put butter in a pan then stir fry carrots, onion and celery until they are tender. 
  2. In large pot combine 4 qts of chicken stock with the meat of the whole chicken, salt and pepper to taste.
  3. Once veggies are tender add flour and turmeric to coat veggies  then add to chicken stock and chicken. 
  4. Allow to cook and flavors to combine- 45 min to an hour.
  5. Add egg noodles and parsley to finish cooking for 10 minutes, then Voila! 





No comments:

Post a Comment