Monday, November 11, 2013

Daniel Fast Day #11: Thankful for our Veterans!!





It's Veteran's Day and I love seeing the outpouring of love for our Veterans on Facebook. I have lots of family from many different branches of the military including grandfathers, my step-father, uncles and both of my brothers, who are still active. I hope they know that I appreciate them everyday, but that I appreciate their sacrifices even more on this day.







One of my favorite things to do is to thank veterans that I see out in public, that I don't know. This picture to the left is taken from an amazing experience my husband and I had when I was able to ride along with him on the Run for the Wall®.  One of our sleeping bags was lost on the highway so we stopped at a Walmart to purchase a new one and for Justin to purchase some flags to attached to our luggage rack. While we were in the parking lot attaching the flags, I saw a gentleman wearing a Vietnam War hat from 1967, I ran over to thank him for his service and say welcome home, and he started crying. This is the reason for the Run for the Wall®.

Happy Veteran's Day to all the Veterans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment