Monday, November 18, 2013

Daniel Fast Day #18: The Daily Grind...

Everyone has certain tasks that just become part of their routine. You don't really question these tasks- they just have to be done.

As part of my Daniel Fast I challenged myself to include certain daily "tasks" that I wanted to accomplish.

My goals:
1. Read my Daniel Fast passage of the day from my Ultimate Daniel Fast Book and the recommended scriptures associated with it
2. Express Gratitude to a new person each day
3. Perform a Random Act of Kindness each day
4. Exercise for at least 30 minutes (outside of teaching classes)
5. Read a few pages from the book, "Blessed"- so that I would complete it by the end of the fast.
6. Journal and Blog about my experience

Some days these tasks were easy and they flew by- but other days- my "real world" to-do list was larger and more pressing and it pushed some of these "tasks" away. However, I haven't given up on any of those tasks yet- and as my fast comes to an end on Thursday, I plan to recommit to these tasks to see if I can make up some of the lost time. :-)

The task I've been the most successful on completing regularly is reading my Daniel Fast book and the daily Bible study scriptures associated with each day. But I strongly believe that my success in this is not of my own doing, but God, pushing me to stay close to Him. I certainly plan to make daily Bible study part of my everyday life and I encourage other Christians to do the same. Taking time for the Word, especially before the start of the day, will leave you with a better attitude and a kinder heart as you tackle your daily tasks.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment