Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Daniel Fast Day #20: Stop the glorification of busy!

Tomorrow is my last day on the fast! And I am so glad that I decided to take this on before the rush of the holidays. I have felt extra "busy" these past few weeks taking care of my extra assignments- but I also found clarity and that was exactly what I needed. I'm looking forward to moving into the holiday season with an open heart and my eyes wide open to the experiences of getting together with loved ones. 

It also seemed appropriate that the daily passage from my Ultimate Daniel Fast book was about being content. So much of my adult life so far has been spent "waiting for the other shoe to drop." It's always about taking the next step forward and I realized that this mentality and "busyness" that we create for ourselves is what truly prevents us from just being present in the moment. I plan to take things one day at a time, slow down and truly appreciate where I am. That doesn't mean you can't get excited about future potential but to accept yourself and your current situation for what it is today can be the determining factor in whether you choose happiness or not! 

No comments:

Post a Comment